Sunday, June 12, 2011

First Injection

I went to the doctors this morning (7:30 on a Sunday, ugh!) for another monitoring appointment.  It is CD15 and I have one mature follicle! I was instructed to take my Ovidrel shot tonight at 10 pm.  The anticipation was worse than the actual shot.  I didn't think I could give it to myself accuratly so Nick did it, after some encouraging words.  We opted for the stomach region.  Our IUI is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10:00.  I am excited but nervous at the same time.  I have been off work for the last two weeks, since Memorial day and I work all this coming week.  I work 3 weeks during the summer and of course our IUI would fall during one of those weeks.  I am going to have to call off and I hate doing that.  This is definetly more important though but I haven't come out to my boss yet so she probably thinks I am being irresponsable for missing so much work.

Nick and I talked a little today about adoption.  I think we both agree that we will give fertility treatments all we can (financially and emotionally) and in the end, we will consider adoption.  We will cross that bridge when we get to it, but for now, positive thoughts about this IUI!!
   

1 comment: