Tuesday, June 14, 2011

IUI #1 is in the books

This morning I had my first IUI done.  Nick and I went to the doctors at 8 AM sharp for him to provide his "contribution".  Then at 10 AM we had the insemination done.  The process was no worse than a PAP.  Afterwards, I had to lay on on the table with my knees up for 15 minutes.  Nick and I had lunch, and went to work for the second half of the day.  It was extremely weird for me going back to work though.  It was like I had this big secret, "I MIGHT BE PREGNANT", but couldn't tell anybody.  Also, I found myself being very cautious with my body.  I didn't want to lift anything heavy, go to the bathroom too much, or even cook dinner.  I know I'll get over it but I just really want this to work.  I go in for my blood test in 15 days, right before 4th of July weekend.  We are going to Nick's parents house for the weekend for a cook-out.  We joked today that pending the results of the test, we will either be drinking champagne to celebrate or hard licquor to forget!

The only part of the IUI that was a little disheartening was when the PA came in beforehand to show us the vial label for Nick's "contribution" and the label on our chart to compare and make sure the first and last name as well as the birthday were all accurate.  Yes, that is my husband and yes I do want that "contribution" to be used! Handle with care and don't mix them up, thank you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment